Showing all 4 results
What are storage geysers and how do they work?
A storage geyser (storage water heater) is a type of water heater that uses stored hot water to provide heating on demand. They are similar to tankless water heaters, but instead of heating water as it is needed, water is heated in advance and stored in a tank.
This means that there is always a supply of hot water available, making them ideal for households with high water usage or where hot water is needed at odd hours. Storage geysers are also more energy-efficient than tankless water heaters, as they only need to heat water once instead of continuously.
The benefits of using a storage geyser
- You will never run out of hot water.
- They are more energy-efficient than tankless water heaters.
- They take up less space than a traditional water heater.
- Some models come with features such as vacation mode and self-cleaning.
If you are looking for a reliable and efficient way to heat water in your home, then a storage water heater geyser is a great option.
The different types of storage geysers available on the market
Storage geysers come in a variety of types, each with its own set of features and benefits.
Electric Storage Geyser
The most common type is the electric storage geyser, which uses electricity to heat water. These models are typically the most affordable and have a shorter recovery time, meaning they can heat up water faster after it has been used.
Gas Storage Geysers
Gas storage geysers are also available, which use natural gas or propane to heat water. These models tend to be more expensive than electric ones, but they are also more energy-efficient.
Solar Storage Geysers
Finally, there are solar storage geysers, which use solar panels to heat water. These models are the most expensive, but they are also the most environmentally-friendly option.
How to choose the right storage geyser for your needs
When choosing a storage geyser, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- First, consider the size of the unit. You will need to choose a model that is large enough to meet your hot water needs, but not so large that it is inefficient.
- Next, consider the fuel type. Electric models are typically the most affordable, but gas and solar models are more energy-efficient.
- Finally, consider the features you need. Some models come with timers and temperature controls, while others have built-in safety features.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can be sure to choose the right storage geyser for your needs.
Installation and maintenance tips for storage geysers
When installing a storage geyser, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- First, the geyser must be properly positioned. It should be placed on a level surface, preferably in a location where it will not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Next, the cold water inlet and hot water outlet pipes must be connected to the geyser. It is important to make sure that these connections are secure and leak-free.
- Finally, the electricity supply must be connected to the geyser. Once again, it is important to make sure that all connections are secure and that there is no risk of electrocution.
- Once the geyser is installed, it is important to regularly check all connections to ensure that they are still secure and leak-free.
- It is also important to check the water level in the geyser regularly, as low water levels can damage the heating element.
Storage geysers can be a great addition to any home, but it is important to follow these tips for a safe and successful installation.